Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Last dinner in Cuzco

Our Peruvian pals in Lima had recommended the restaurant Cicciolina in Cuzco and the guidebooks also mentioned it, so we figured it would be a good bet for something a little different but a nice meal.  It's supposed to be Peruvian/Italian/tapas, as far as I can tell.  Anyway, the food was definitely pretty good, I liked it and I think Derik did too.  I don't have the menu and it isn't online, so unfortunately I cannot post the names of our dishes. 

The one notable item here is that we tried guinea pig, aka cuy!  It was cooked as confit, and served in a dish called a causa (a Peruvian dish which has something to do with mashed potatoes).  I thought it was tasty - rich and kind of gamey, it tasted like rabbit.  I would have it again, although I'm not too interested in going to a place where they serve it whole.. I find that a little too disconcerting.  Anyway, without further ado, the pics!  Oh, also notable is that I actually had a salad for the first time since coming to Peru.  I don't know why they hate fresh vegetables here so much, but I was really missing them and when a salad went by from the kitchen I knew I had to have one!

duck prosciutto on toast and.. something else I forgot.  all pretty tasty though.

The guinea pig dish!!
a little too much dressing but.. hey, veggies!
some shrimps.. Derik ate these.


No comments:

Post a Comment